The days are getting colder and shorter, so how do you make your home shine in winter?
Many owners tend to avoid selling during the winter months, with the belief that it’s better to wait for the more active sales periods of the warmer months. This may be true, but why not embrace the lull period and make your home stand out against fewer competitors?
Regardless of the time of year, there will always be buyers around. Think of those who sold properties in February and March who will now be looking to buy before settlement periods end. Or people who have been house hunting for an extended period – they won’t stop looking just because it’s winter! The reduced competition may mean you end up with a better price than if you’d sold in the high volume warmer weather.
Here’s some of our top tips to make your home dazzle in winter!
- Tidy up the outside areas to make a great first impression – rake up the leaves and clear away any sad looking plants.
- Let as much natural light in as you can during inspections – draw the curtains, blinds and shutters, making your home feel instantly more spacious, regardless of the weather.
- Make sure your windows and light fittings are glistening and clean to create a light-filled atmosphere.
- Mirrors are also very effective in making your home feel and appear much more open – create a feeling of space by positioning mirrors opposite windows and in especially dark rooms.
- If you need to freshen up your décor with paint, opt for a lighter colour to counteract the darker days outside.
- Crank up the heat if it’s a chilly day to make your inspections comfortable and inviting.
Regardless of the weather outside, give your home the edge by contacting Naked Real Estate today!